Friday, November 13, 2009

Josh Keyes

Now...how lovely are these? I'm including Josh Keyes in my thesis this year, and I still cant get over his paintings...not that I have to or should get over them. I look at them and instantly feel happy...its been a while since any art has made me feel so... nice .

It is imporatant for art to make us feel something...isnt it? And for art to mean something to the artist, and the viewer, and the casual viewer, and the occasional viewer, and the viewer who thinks that art is rubbish and pointless. Its hard not to lose site of that when your immersed in it all the time..it becomes more of a job then a passion.
So when I stumbled onto these on http://www.inhabitat.com/ can you imagine how happy I was?
Completely thrilled. And I can face painting again. I actually look forward to it!

No comments: