Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 2

Day 02- The meaning behind your Blogger/Tumblr name.


Shelkybean...I was thinking about this this morning...and it took me ages to remember where it even came from, nevermind what it means.
I never had a nick name growing up...in America where everything is shortened...people's names sometimes get shortened down to their first letter, like my mum's from Bernadette to B in the space of working in a school reception for a couple of days.


Mam named me Richael, because she figured it wouldnt be easy for people to shortened it...and she was right.
I had a difficult enough time getting people to say and spell it right, by the time they had mastered it, a nick name was the last thing on their minds.


But I always wanted a nick name


When I went to Kylemore, Siobhan took to calling me shelly...which then morphed into shelly belly...
Which actually stuck, amazingly enough.


And I think shelly belly then transformed into shelky bean through Alex.
She has always liked the word bean...its one of those words that she thinks sounds and then therefore is, *cute*


And shelky...well Id have to ask her where that came from.
But I think, its much the same...she thinks it sounds cute...


Shelkybean...I think its cute...
And its not just my blogger name.
She calls me Shelkybean all the time 


: )

No comments: