Monday, October 24, 2011

Only The River Stared Back


Yea!!
So, as you know from my last post, this has been a long time in the making. And well...I don't want to say that I am finished, yet. But for now, this is my piece that is going in for Switch.
Thanks to Jane for all her help and encouragement!
I feel good that I have finished it. Im going to let the dust settle today and send it off tomorrow. Ive put it on facebook to see if I get any comments are critiques...maybe someone will watch it. I shall wait and see.

Film is a medium that I feel rather comfortable with. Like photoshop, it has been mostly self directed, in part thats to the brilliant introduction from Austin Ivers at college (the best lecturer!). Now, he might stumble upon this and wonder if he ever taught me anything. But for the first attempt, Im pretty happy with it, and Im only starting off, of course. So it can only get better.

I am sort of half obsessed with the Sea Area weather forecasts on RTE radio 1 and have been known to stay up till all hours, and wake up especially early just to hear them. I might give it a rest now for a time, because they are beginning to lose their magic...but Im thrilled that I actually went ahead and used my collection.

I hope you enjoy this short little film, and if you have any constructive criticism, I would love to hear it !

2 comments:

Jane O Sullivan said...

yes
yes
yes
yes .....you did it !, and the sound goes with it well well well...... the imagery is unforgetable.
It is as an assured and strong piece of work.

Shelky Bean said...

Thank you thank you Jane, many times over :)