Friday, February 17, 2012


We are gods, we are monsters 2012

New work inspired by the beautiful, funny, moving and thought provoking play Jane and I went to see last night entitled Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco. Im doing this drawing for Tinderbox's Gods and Monsters zine. I think it's in the second half of the play one of the characters is looking out at the Rhinoceroses and says "They are like gods"...then the main character says something to the effect of "They are MONSTERS"
When they said it I nearly fell off my seat, as Ive been struggling with the task of getting something together for the zine for some time. But Im happy so far with this drawing, all I have to do is add some finishing details and decide if something should go in the background, as the circles are a bit too strong I think. Ill finish it off tomorrow and post the result :)

1 comment:

Jane O Sullivan said...

I LOVE it shelly !!
I do not think you need the circles in the back ,on its own it stands , love the heart shape their hands are making.