Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Waiting for Autumn (detail)

As always, I am busy busy busy. I've swapped my drawings for some sewing as I've had several welcomed as always commissions for lovely people.
I came to 'crafting' quite late, falling into it rather than searching it out. However, it has become quite a large part of my life now, and as I grow and try new things, my skills become more honed and I am much more confident now than I was when first beginning.
I enjoy making pieces for people, but there is always an added pressure that comes along with any commission.
My number one guide for making my Owl Brooches is to wait until they look like they are looking back at me, that's when I know they are right, when I can begin sewing them up.
I am hoping to extend and to branch out into other shapes soon, not just owls. But, of course, that for now is top secret!
Please feel free to check out my flickr, as it is updated fairly regularly with lots of lovely things :)

No comments: